Monday, March 15, 2021

Not today....

 Have you ever struggled to find an idea for your blog post?  Has your mind been all over the place with ideas but none feel quite right?  That is where I am today... lots of ideas but nothing to show for it. Writer's block is a real thing... even for blog posts!

I just can't seem to find the words or even the correct keys on the keyboard this morning.  You might say to wait until later to write.  Anyone that knows the life of a teacher knows that the farther into the day you get the busier you become.  After school, I have an IEP meeting and then I have dinner to make for a ravenous 17-year-old.  If I am going to write anything, it has to get done now. This sounds like a bunch of excuses... I can almost hear that in my own teacher's voice :)!

Today may just not be my best writing day.  You know what?!? That is ok!  I have learned that I must give myself grace.  That in this year when so much has changed, so much pressure has been placed on teachers, I have to give myself a break.  I can't be perfect or "on" all the time.  Some days... I just don't have it.  Today is that day!  So, tomorrow I will write longer and better, I will have more to say... after all, I have a million ideas today !




4 comments:

  1. This was me yesterday! There were too many things to write, and nothing that was really calling me to write except one that I really couldn't write. This is one of the things I appreciate about the SOLSC-- I develop empathy for the kids and what it's like to not have a story at that given moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words on the page with conviction and dedication to not missing a day show you care either way! I read this as a story of all your Monday will bring. Writer's block or not. You did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is totally ok for you not to know what to write in your blog! The only way I can get through that part of my morning where I must do this, is by trying to jot down a note or two in my portable notebook for me to refer back to on my blogging. Just this past week it was a couple of notes from my notebook that assisted me with starting up a theme for my daily Slice. Thanks so much for voicing how many of us feel, myself included, when we have a day like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post. I think we all can relate. Celebrate the fact that you wrote something. Isn't this what we always tell our students?

    ReplyDelete

This is it...

 Wow! I don't think a person realizes how quickly time moves until you are taking note of the days.  I completed a burpee challenge in F...