Thursday, March 31, 2022

This is it...

 Wow! I don't think a person realizes how quickly time moves until you are taking note of the days.  I completed a burpee challenge in February and was amazed at how quickly 28 days past.  Now, this is not to say that during the challenge all the days move quickly or there is not a period in which time seems to stand still because there are slow days and really slow days. But all in all - time is a thief - and the days of March flew by. 

Many slicers take today, the final day, to take stock of what was learned, what was gained, and overall their experience with daily slicing.  It is a way to grow as a writer, and a teacher - isn't that the goal? I am no different, so here is my take on the experience on this final day.

  • There are some fabulous writers in this world, and I am humbled by them
  • Inspiration can - and should - be drawn from mentor texts, ie fellow slicers
  • Writers' block is no joke
  • Sometimes just starting to type (write) gets the creative juices flowing
  • I enjoy writing
  • My writing has evolved but has lots of room for improvement
  • I have more empathy for my struggling writers and my non-struggling writers
  • Doing something for 30 days builds character
  • Writers like to share their work
  • I will be back next year!
Thank you to all my fellow slicers for all the inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. We made it! I agree "time is a thief". Where did this month go? I really agree with all the points listed in your take-away. One that really struck me is ; "I have more empathy for my struggling writers and my non-struggling writers." Over the years writing has really helped me as a writing teacher, to understand my students. Thank you, I how you pop in on Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete

This is it...

 Wow! I don't think a person realizes how quickly time moves until you are taking note of the days.  I completed a burpee challenge in F...