Thursday, March 10, 2022

Hotels

For me, there is something exciting about staying in a hotel.  Maybe it takes me back to my childhood when we didn't travel often and going to a hotel was the signal that we were going on vacation.  When I was young, we only "vacationed" in Florida during the winter months because my grandparents were snowbirds.  We stayed at the same Holiday Inn in South Carolina on the way down and the same Holiday Inn in West Virginia on the way back.  I can remember being so excited to swim in the pool and sleep in a hotel. 

As I have gotten older, hotels are more for vacations.  Now I look for deals or hotels that are not motels, or ones that offer breakfast or a gym.  My requirements have changed... I guess I have become a hotel snob! I still get the same sense of excitement and anticipation that I did when I was younger.  I still open the door and take in the surroundings as if it is going to be different than what I saw online.  It takes me back for a quick second to opening the door on my yearly trips back and forth to Florida. 

Hotels are also the gateway to my college son. I stay at the same hotel near his school each time I visit.  The familiarity and the ease of access to my son make this hotel perfect.  There is nothing like pulling into the hotel and seeing my son's truck waiting. Staying at this hotel may be even more exciting than some high-dollar vacations- seeing your child in their element is priceless.

I guess hotels are exciting for everyone.  It is a change of pace, a change in scenery, and the promise of things to come.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is it...

 Wow! I don't think a person realizes how quickly time moves until you are taking note of the days.  I completed a burpee challenge in F...