Saturday, March 19, 2022

He's Coming Home

 Today's the day... he's coming home.  He has spent the last week living his best life in Islamorada -going to the beach, riding in golf carts, eating lobster tacos.  Living the dream! 

I began looking at the find my phone app at 7:30... his intended departure time.  I send a quick text to "be safe and can't wait to see you" and start my school day.  It's a day of reading assessments and research for our writing pieces, so I have time to check my app.  I check it multiple times during the day - almost obsessively. 8:00, 9:00, 10:15, 11:10... this time I send a text.  "How is it going?" "Fine, just a tired car." 12:15, 1:30, 2:45... school's over, so I send another quick text. "What time will you be home?" "Late, you will be asleep." "I will wait up"  "K" 

The pattern repeated over and over, even when I went to dinner, or made donuts with my other son.  The little blue dot was growing closer, and closer.  "Hey, Mom.  We should be there around 10"  "Yeah, can't wait to see you"  "Me too"  Now, I NEVER make it up past 8:30.  I am really struggling to stay awake.  I take a seriously quick... like 10 minutes... power nap. I am a bit more revived.  The rest of my family is eagerly awaiting his arrival, even the 18-year-old.  8:00, 8:45, 9:00, 9:30, 9:45, 9:50.... he is in our town... 9:53, 9:58... the lights go on outside..... the dogs bark.... the door swings open..... he's home!  Now I can go to bed !!!


1 comment:

  1. What a great homecoming, no wonder the time was dragging! Glad you could stay awake till he arrived.

    ReplyDelete

This is it...

 Wow! I don't think a person realizes how quickly time moves until you are taking note of the days.  I completed a burpee challenge in F...