Saturday, March 12, 2022

Menopause

 I have decided that Mother Nature has menopause.  One minute it is hot and the next it is snowing. Seriously last weekend it was 78, warm and sunny. We spent Sunday afternoon on the deck in t-shirts and capri pants.  Today it is snowing and 29!  Today I will spend inside with multiple layers on. 

I should say I live in Georgia.  We often joke that this is the only place - I know it isn't - that goes through all four seasons in a day.  We often turn on the air in the day, and then the heat goes on at night.  A lot of years we have had this mid-March freeze, sometimes we get snow, and sometimes we don't.  Today is one of those weird days that we woke up to snow.  I feel like a disclaimer is needed here.  Snow, for me, is a dusting for my northern neighbors.  We have flurries this morning and a trace amount is sticking.  For Southerners, this is a big deal! The kids will be sledding down the hill and screaming with delight soon.

This morning, I will enjoy my hot coffee while catching up with my TV shows.  I will look out at the snow and marvel at the beauty.  Menopause or not... Mother Nature is a wonder. 

4 comments:

  1. That first line! lol
    March weather is confusing globally, I think. Here in the Middle East we have stuffy mornings, hot afternoons, pleasantly chilly evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahahaha you are so right about that menopause! I live in Georgia, too and fully agree. I thought we had the wild mood swings until I visited Texas in February. Now I’m satisfied that there is a state that has more extreme changes than we do. As I drive down Interstate 16 today, the wind is pulling my blue RAV around and the trees are bowing down to all the passing cars. I feel like I should be giving a Queen’s wave to them all. Nothing like the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny. I'm in Louisiana and woke up to 36 degrees when yesterday people were wearing shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first line made me giggle! We have mood swings here too. In Wisconsin it was below zero over night. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 40s.

    ReplyDelete

This is it...

 Wow! I don't think a person realizes how quickly time moves until you are taking note of the days.  I completed a burpee challenge in F...