Tuesday, March 1, 2022

And so it begins...

 I've put off signing up for this challenge until the last day.  I have used every excuse in the book to stop myself from joining my fellow slicers. I don't have the time... I am so tired.... I am so stressed.... I don't want to miss my workouts... and on and on and on the excuses have flown from my mind.  Seriously, I am like a teenager avoiding homework.  I know I need to do it but just can't quite begin. Yet, here I am!

I convinced myself to sign up this morning. Convince may not be the right word - maybe a better choice is I finally listened to the quiet voice in my head.  That little voice that kept quietly repeating how much I like to write, how good this slicing is for me, how I enjoy sharing with others, and how much better my writing and teaching become.  I mean I have learned a lot from slicing and my own writing has improved so much since I started this journey.  I can empathize with my students better, I really "get" their struggles.  The quiet voice just became loud enough to drown out the cranky, lazy teenager voice.

I know I will be so glad to have embarked on this journey.  I know that I will enjoy most of my time spent writing.  I know it will be worth it in the end! For now, the quiet writer's voice is strong... let's hope it can withstand the attitude that comes with the teenager avoider voice.  

Happy Slicing ... it will be April 1st before we know it! 

2 comments:

  1. It is so affirming to hear your voice echoing my doubts also. I am glad you decided to follow that quiet voice, and hoping it gets stronger for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The voices inside us. Usually it's the critic who is too loud for us to hear the other voice, the writer's voice. I am glad you shushed your "teenager" and heard your little writer inside.

    ReplyDelete

This is it...

 Wow! I don't think a person realizes how quickly time moves until you are taking note of the days.  I completed a burpee challenge in F...